Friday, June 21, 2019





Maha Yogi Gorakhnath

Pranams at the lotus feet of Gorakhnath Maharaj!

Chapter – 3


Gorakhnath asked “ Guruji who created this Universe? Why this is called Prithvi Lok?” Mathysendhraji replied “ son, the Universe and its living beings are created by the supreme spirit/Paramathman, further the  five essential elements are known as space, air, water, fire, and Earth came into existence in order to protect the living beings on the Earth, all the living beings on the Earth has to die therefore it is called Prithvi Lok.”  Gorakhnath became one of the famous Yogis who is prominent in Hatha Yoga in Nath tradition and Shivaite religious leaders.



Once Mathsyendhraji advised Gorakhnath to go for begging alms, he returned with various types of delicious meals and offered to Guruji.  Guruji asked “How did you manage to get various kinds of meals?” Gorakhnath said, “There was some ceremony held in a house, they offered these savories and sweets.”  He liked all the meals but he liked Dhahibada very much.  Seeing that, Gorakhnath asked “Shall I go for alms again.” Guruji said, “Yes, but do not bring anything other than Dhahibada, you have enough food here.” Gorakhnath went to the same house and asked for alms “ Alak Niranjan”, the lady from the house rushed out and said, “ Just now only I have offered various meals, you are back again, you have no other work other than begging for alms.” Gorakhnath said “Matha, I did not come for myself, my preceptor liked your Dhahibada, he asked to bring some more, and could you please give me some more Dhahibada.” Lady poured out harsh words “ You are  fooling around in the name of your preceptor, you want to fill your stomach right,” Gorakhnath said “ I am a yogi from Nath traditions, I won’t tell lies, believe me, my preceptor asked for your Dhahibada,” Lady continued “ people like you fooling the public by changing consumes, I have several years of experience, I have not seen any saint doing good for others,” Gorakhnath said “ Matha, you are too angry now, please give me Dhahibada for my preceptor, I will resolve all your problems,” the lady said “ You do not have a thing to fill your stomach, how can you resolve my issues.” Gorakhnath said, “ Ask me, I will do anything.” Lady said “ Oh! Are you Siddhapurusha? Then give me your eyes in return for Dhahibada.” Gorakhnath pleasantly said “ Matha, you have asked a very silly thing,  you have asked for my eye, I can sacrifice my eyes and even my life for my preceptor. I will give you my eye, kindly bring Dhahibada.” Saying so he pulled out his right eye, the lady went in an utter shock.  When Gorakhnath returned after begging for alms, Mathsyendhranathji noticed bleeding on his eye and enquired the reason, he elaborated what had happened in the village, he pleaded his preceptor to forgive that lady, Gorakhnath was already pardoned her. Soon Mathsyendhranathji restored the eye of Gorakhnath with his Yogic powers.