Tuesday, July 16, 2019




Swami Adhbhudhanandha  - Sri Latu Maharaj

Pranams at the lotus feet of Latu Maharaj!

Chapter – 18


One day Thakurji said to the priest of Lord Vishnu shrine, “ Go and find where is Latu? He did not attend to my calls for so long.”  The priest found that Latu was in a state of transcendental, he tried to wake him up but did not, he came back to Thakurji and detailed.  Thakurji sent Naren/Swami Vivekanand, he tried to wake him up, he took a wooden bar and bet on the tree several times which produced loud noises, in this way Naren tried all efforts to distract Latu Maharaj.   Thakurji heard the loud noises he could not sit peacefully in his chamber, he said to Naren “ Do not disturb him.” Naren said “ he is not conscious, so how can he get disturbed? He is completely unconscious.”  Thakurji said “Unless and until the conscious get annulled, wisdom will not shine.”  In this way, there were many incidents happened in the life of Latu Maharaj.



One day he was massaging Thakurji for quite some time,  Thakurji taught him to sit on the Panchamundi Asan which is a very difficult posture to observe and practice meditation, it needs purity of mind and body, celibacy and fitness.  Thakurji never recommends all his disciples to perform meditation sitting on Panchamundi Asan, it requires a lot of concentration and will power, only a very few of them were instructed to do so.  This practice was alarming for Latu, Thakurji realized his trepidation and pacified him.  One day Thakurji told Latu “ You have been staying here so long, go and do some journey to shrines and places, you will feel better.” Latu felt very happy and said, “ Where did I go?” Thakurji said, “ Go to Baburam’s place, you will not find any difficulty.”



Later Baburamji praised Latu Maharaj in this manner “ Once, Latu visited my home, he always used to tell me that he is not feeling good in the house.  My mother used to tell me, find out what’s his difficulty, finally, I understood the reason for not feeling good at home. He was terribly missing Thakurji, even the Mahapurusha felt the same without Latu.  One day Latu cried and told me that he wanted to go back to Dhakshineshwar by tomorrow.  No one had the heart to stop him from his decision.” He arrived at Dhakshineshwar, seeing him back Thakurji asked: “ why did you come back so early?”  Latu said, “ I was not feeling good over there.” Thakurji said “ Why? That place is too good to stay.  Baburam’s mother is a pious woman.  She very well takes care of holy men and saints,”  Latu said, “ I don’t know I was not interested in meditation, or recitation of Nama.”  Thakurji said “ What are you blabbering? Do you think I will be alive always If I am not there will you stop all these.”  Latu started crying “ Kindly accept me as I am, bless me to remain  with you always.” Thakurji laughed and affectionately said, “ See the boy’s smartness.”