Friday, September 6, 2019




Sant Surdas Maharaj

Pranams at the lotus feet of Sant Surdas Maharaj!

Chapter – 7

Surdas Maharaj inspired a large number of people to the path of devotion with his pure Bhakti to Lord Krishna.  Once Surdas Maharaj visited the temple of Lord Krishna; there was a huge crowd in the shrine.  Surdas Maharaj was walking through the crowds blindly, with the stampede people find it difficult to move forward.  One of the devotees asked “ Maharaj, you are blind, you cannot see what’s happening around you, then why you should take so much pain to visit the shrine.”  Surdas Maharaj said “ I am blind, I cannot see anyone, but my beloved Krishna is not blind.  He can see me, that’s why I am here in this crowd.”  It hit hard on the intellect of the devotee.  In this way, Surdas Maharaj persuaded everyone to walk through the path of devotion and righteousness, so that the people will be sacred to commit sin with the fear that ‘He is watching always”. 



Once Radharani and Krishna were having pleasing time, Lord Krishna said: “ Radhe, do not go near Surdas, he may get hold of your legs.” Radharani said, “ No, I will go near him and see what happens.” She went close to Surdas Maharaj and asked: “will you get hold of my leg?” Surdas Maharaj said, “ No, I am a blind person.” She moved close to Surdas Maharaj and helped him to touch her feet.   Instantly, Lord Krishna whispered to Surdas to get hold of the feet of Radharani.  Surdas Maharaj got hold of the feet of Radharani, as per the advice of Krishna, but she got her feet slipped out of the hands of Surdas Maharaj, during this process her anklets remained in the hands of Maharaj.  Radharani said “ Maharaj, give me back my anklets, I have to be with Krishna for Rasaleela.” Surdasji said “ How do I know it is yours, I am a blind person, If I give this anklet to you thinking that you are the owner of it if someone may come and claim for it what would I say? If I see you in person then only I can give it to you.  Unfortunately, I am a blind person.”  Lord Krishna took great pleasure in the conversation between the two and laughed out, eventually, Surdas Maharaj was blessed with divine eyes to witness Radharani and Lord Krishna.  Later, Surdas Maharaj wrote wonderful verses praising the enthralling beauty of Radharani and Lord Krishna, in that he described the eyes that have seen the most attractive form of Bhramam would never yearn to look for any other things in this Universe.   Surdas Maharaj asked for a boon to Lord Krishna to take back his eyesight.