Tuesday, June 25, 2019




Mahasiddha  Baba Balaknath

Pranams at the lotus feet of Baba Balaknath Maharaj!

Chapter - 5

Sage Dhaththathreya and his disciples arrived in the dense wood of Saurashtra and they were surprised to hear the reverberating voices of Panchakshara.  Sage Dhaththathreya could locate the place of origin of sounds of Panchakshara and child with the power of his Manthra.  Soon disciples were sent to bring the child to the preceptor.  They located the place where Balak was immersed in meditation,  they introduced themselves as the disciples of Guruji Dhaththathreya.  They invited the Balak to meet Guruji, Balak said “ It is my fortune to meet Guruji Dhaththathreya,” Balak and the disciples arrived before Guruji Dhaththathreya, where Guruji was imparting knowledge on Bramham under the shade of a tree “ The whole Universe and its living beings are soaked in the Maya, all the creatures on the Prithvi Lok are drenched in illusion and worldly bondage,  only Sannyasin, and  Vairagin are free from the chain of worldly bondage.”  Balak prostrated before illustrious Guruji Dhaththathreya, and said “ Balak, you are welcome to my hermitage, take your seat,”  Balak asked “ Gurudev, kindly tell me why did you bring me here?” Guruji Dhaththathreya said “I want you a virtuous and devoted child as my disciple. I have decided, tomorrow early morning, during an auspicious hour I will conduct the rites for observing you as my disciple.” Balak felt extremely fortunate in the association of illustrious Guru.  As instructed by Guruji, there was a fire sacrifice performed followed with the recitation of Vedic chants and Balaknath were formally initiated to Sanyasa and accepted as a disciple of Guru Dhaththathreya.