Tuesday, June 25, 2019




Maha Yogi Gorakhnath

Pranams at the lotus feet of Gorakhnath Maharaj!

Chapter -21


Gorakhnathji describes a story from the scripture to his disciple.  Once Maharishi Narada took a journey through the entire Prithvik Lok and returned to the abode of Sri Vaikundam, Maharishi said “ Narayan, Narayan, Oh! Prabhu, why are you alone in Sri Vaikundham?” Mahavishnu said “What happened to these humans? None of them wants to be in the abode of Sri Vaikundam,” Maharishi said “who is that ill-fated creature do not want to be in Sri Vaikundham? Who does not want to live in this superior abode? The pious and Rishis are performing numerous years of Japa, Thapa, Yoga, and Charity to attain this supreme abode where there are no miseries and sorrows.”  Mahavishnu said, “ Narada, in spite of all these comforts and luxuries in this abode, none is willing to come and reside here, I am bored of sitting here alone.”  Narada said “ Narayan, Narayan, if you order me, I will bring lakhs and lakhs of people and fill the whole Vaikundham in a few days.  People of Mrithyuloka would run after me to attain this Vishnu Lok,” Lord Vishnu smiled and said “ Narada, none would follow you, it is not easy to attain the Vishnu Lok.  Maharishi Narad, you go to Prithvi Lok and bring a few humans to keep me engaged.”  Narada left at the command of Lord Vishnu to Prithvi Lok.   He met an old man and said “ Lalaji, kindly come with me to Vaikundham, You can get all the comforts and luxuries over there.” Lalaji said “ Why should I follow you to Vaikundham, I have enough wealth, my dear people and children are here to take good care of me, Vaikundham is the place for homeless people who have nothing in the Prithvi Lok,”  Narada met a Babaji and invited him to Vaikundham, but he refused “ why should I go to Vaikundham, I have hands and legs.  I don’t believe Sanyasins like you,” Narada met a Sethji “ You have lived a rich life here, why do not you come with me to Vaikundham and take pleasure in it.  Anyway, you are interested in Bajans and Keerthans and all.  I can take you to Vaikundham with your mortal coil.”  Sethji said “Even I wish to do the same, I want to be in Vaikundham, I am just waiting for my son to get married and settled in his life so that he will take care of my business and properties.  Therefore you please come some other time with this proposal.” After few years Narada approached Sethji and said “Now your sons have settled in life. So you can come with me to Vaikundham.” Sethji said “My son is married but they do not have any children, I wanted to see my grandchildren and leave this world,” Once again Narada met Sethji after several years “ Sethji, now you have seen your grandchildren and must be happy, shall we go to Vaikundham now.” Sethiji said, “ I wish to see the marriage of my grandchildren and after that, I may follow your proposal.” After several years Naradha went in search of Sethji, unfortunately, he was passed away. The husband and wife have assumed the form of serpent and dog respectively and waiting at the doors of their children for their homage.  Maharishi Narada returned to the abode of Lord Vishnu and narrated all the incidents that happened in Mrithyulok.  Maharishi said, “People of Mrithyulok is completely soaked in worldly bondage and illusion; they do not have the awareness of supreme consciousness or supreme abode.”  Thus Gorakhnathji concludes the story and said: “Son, This is the pathetic state of the people in the Kali era.”  The disciple was pleased with the explanation of his preceptor and prostrated before Gorakhnathji.