Monday, June 17, 2019





Yogiraj Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahashay

Pranams at the lotus feet of Yogiraj!

Chapter - 11


Swami Yuktheshwar and Ram was a disciple as well as a close friend to Mahashay, once Ram was afflicted with severe infection and medicine was not helping him, Yuktheshwar selflessly served his friend, Ram’s condition became worse so he came to Mahashay and informed all about the distraught state of Ram.  Mahashay said doctor giving medicine and nothing to worry, he will be alright soon, Mahashay advised Yuktheshwar to continue his service to Ram. Yuktheshwar was felt relieved after listening to Mahashay.  One day doctor said that Ram cannot be saved, he may stay alive for another two hours.  Yuktheshwar extremely worried, he rushed to Mahashay, he was consoled by Mahashay that nothing will happen to Ram, he will be alright. Yuktheshwar saw Ram is getting worse every hourly, suddenly Ram woke up from the bed and said “ Yuktheshwar I am leaving, kindly tell Gurudev to bless my body,” soon he fell on the bed, Yuktheshwar became inconsolable, soon rest of the disciples of Mahashay came, Yuktheshwar rushed to Lahiri Mahashay to convey the demise of Ram.  Mahashay went to transcendental state after hearing from Yuktheshwar, the state continued for several hours,  after that he got up from the state the next morning and informed Yuktheshwar to collect a few drops of oil from the earthen lamp and put seven drops of oil in the mouth of Ram, Yuktheshwar said “ Guruji, he passed away yesterday afternoon. What I do with this oil?” Mahashay said “ Do what I say, nothing to worry,”.  Yuktheshwar returned with the oil, saw Ram’s body showing up the sign of life, he took the help of a disciple and put seven drops of oil in Ram’s mouth, immediately after the seventh drop, Ram’s body started moving, slowly he sat up on the bed,  Ram said “ I saw Mahashay in the ray of light, he asked me to leave sleep and wake up, he advised me to meet him immediately.” Soon three of the disciples came to Mahashay, he was extremely happy to receive them, he said “ Yuktheshwar told you not to worry about anything. I have told you two times, but you did not believe me, I do not want to interfere in doctor’s work, I hope you will keep stock of castor oil, it would keep the patient away from the mouth of death.”  Yuktheshwar and disciples prostrated before Mahashay, Yuktheshwar bow down before Mahashay and said “ Guruji, kindly forgive my mistake, I was ignorant, I could not understand the meaning of your words.”