Friday, July 12, 2019




The great Sage of Akkalkot -  Akkalkot  Swami Samarththa Maharaj

Pranams at the lotus feet of Swami Samarththa Maharaj!

Chapter – 16


Swamiji returned with his devotee Cholappa and other people to Wadi, Cholappa was afflicted with severe infection of Cholera,  finally the day has arrived Cholappa was nearing to death,  during these days Swamiji used to beg for alms and people were surprised to see why Swamiji taking so much of pains to collect the contribution and for whom? Swamiji gave all the money to Cholappa who was sick, saying “ I am free from the debt of you Cholappa.”  Cholappa asked “ Swamiji why you are separating me from you. My body is shivering with fever from the morning, will you be near to me. ” Swamiji said “Everyone has to leave this world Cholappa, you sleep now, and you are not feeling well.”  Finally, the village physician said “ Cholappa cannot live too long, his life is in danger, we cannot do anything other than waiting for his death.” he left his mortal coil on an Ashwin Navami day in the year 1878.



Swamiji started living in the palace of Akkalkot after the death of Cholappa, he was taken good care of by the Queen of Akkalkot.  He was not willing to eat anything he was completely immersed in the loving memories of Cholappa.  Once Cholappa was digging on the ground, Swamiji said, “ Are you digging my grave, the first thing I will stuff you in this and after that, I will happily take shelter in this grave.”  One day Swamiji was too depressed and said “I cannot bear the separation of Cholappa. Where did I go without him?  Whom I show my pastimes? He was my close friend of seven births.  Hence my time has arrived to leave this world.”  Maharani said in tears, “ Swamiji kindly do not say like that.”