Thursday, June 13, 2019



The legend of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa -

Pranams at the lotus feet of Thakurji!

Chapter – 24


There was a lady called Gopal's mother/Gopal's Ma in Dhakshineshwar, she is very fond of Thakurji, she wanted to cook Kheer for him, and feed with her hands.  Thakurji sat for consuming kheer, he found the rice is uncooked, Thakurji said ‘ I do not want to eat this Kheer, it is uncooked’ people surrounded were looked at him,  everyone thought he was saying this to scare away Gopal’s Ma.  Thakurji was very fond of Gopal’s Ma, how can he do that, later Thakurji afflicted with the throat cancer, after few days he emotionally said ‘I will not eat anything after this. I will be consuming only kheer.’ While saying so, Sharadha Matha was entering, she was shocked to listen to Thakurji’s words, because none of his words go futile, after this incident his throat cancer became critical, he was consuming barley water, milk and kheer only, he could not swallow anything other than this.  All the devotees sincerely prayed to get rid of these sufferings of Thakurji, but it was impossible to get any relief, people were so disappointed.  Once a prominent person in Tharkkashasthra requested Thakurji, ‘You are an Avatharapurusha, divine personified, if you have made up your mind to get rid of this, you will do it.’  Thakurji replied ‘How can you say so? You are a great scholar, I have surrendered my soul to Supreme Lord who is supreme bliss, and how can I withdraw this soul from the bliss and invest in the perishable body made of meat and bones?’  Scholar turned silent after listening to Thakurji, but Swami Vivekananda was not willing to take out, one day he was adamantly sat before Thakurji and said ‘ Baba, if you do not want to get cured for yourself, kindly get yourself cured for us.’  Thakurji said ‘Why am I not wishing so? Do you think I want to continue with the sufferings of illness I just wish things get normal, but it is not?  It is in the hands of Ma Kali’.   Vivekananda said ‘Kindly request Ma Kali to cure your illness. I am sure she will heed to your words.’ Thakurji said ‘ You are right, but it is not coming out of my mouth,” Vivekananda said ‘No, No, It won’t happen. You have to tell Ma Kali for us.”  Thakurji said ‘ Ok. I will do it.’ After a few hours, Vivekananda came back to Thakurji and asked ‘ What did Ma Kali say?” Thakurji said ‘I have shown her my throat and said I cannot eat anything because of the painful condition of the throat, kindly do something so that I can eat something. Ma Kali pointed at all of you and said: “You are eating with all these mouths is not that enough for you.”  Thakurji continued “After hearing that I have become speechless.”