Sunday, June 16, 2019





Yogiraj Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahashay

Pranams at the lotus feet of Yogiraj!

Chapter - 1

Yogiraj Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri was working as Accountant in Military Engineering Department of British Government, Dhanapur.  He was holding a bundle of files waited before the chamber of the higher official and asked “May I come in sir?’ he could not hear any response from inside, so he directly went inside the chamber and kept the files on the table and came out.  The higher official was looking through the windows worriedly, after thirty minutes Lahiri Mahashay entered the room with some more files, saw the officer was really anxious and restless, the officer said “Today I am not in a frame of mind to work; you can keep the files on the table and leave.”  Lahiri Mahashay earnestly requested “Sir, is there anything bothering you? If anything I could help you to relieve your tension, if so I am happy to do that.”  The officer took a deep breath and said “ Pagla Babu/crazy young man, I have received a letter from England, my wife is seriously ill. I do not know what to do. If I was there I could have taken good care of her.” Lahiri Mahashay said “I was thinking something is bothering you deeply. I could understand the reason for not touching the files.  I will come after some time.”  After listening to Lahiri Mahashay, the officer became pleasant.  All the workers in the office address Lahiri Mahashay as ‘Pagala Babu/Mad officer, he always immerses in himself, he always speaks gently with a smile, eyes always remain half closed, some people used to call ‘Anandmagna Babu/man of joy, he always immerses in bliss. Lahiri Mahashay was never seen worried or anxious in all his life.   After some time, Lahiri Mahashay saw that the higher officer opened the door and said “today I am not going to do any work, please do not disturb me. I will be doing the file work tomorrow.”  Lahiri Mahashay said “Ok. Sir, you need not worry about anything. Madam is alright now.  She is writing a letter to you today. You will be receiving her mail by the next post.  She is preparing to fly from London at the earliest flight, she will be arriving soon immediately after the availability of the ticket. ” The higher officer was looked at him with a smile and said “You are giving me an explanation as if you have met her in England. Pagla Babu, I did feel better after hearing from you. Thank you very much. May your words become true! Now you can go to your seat.” Shyamacharan Lahiri understood that the officer did not believe his words.