Sunday, June 16, 2019





Yogiraj Sri Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahashay

Pranams at the lotus feet of Yogiraj!

Chapter - 4


One day Shyamacharan Lahiri received a notification from his office, found that he is transferred from Dhanapur to Ranikhet, he left the family behind Kashi and left to Ranikhet.  Those days commuting was not easy, there were no railway lines, so he had to adopt various means of transport to reach Ranikhet.  Once he was settled in Ranikhet, he used to watch in awe the beauty of Himalaya, he walks for some time.  One day he went for a walk and moved up to Dhruvgiri, soon he heard somebody is calling him by name for once or twice, but the voice reverberated in the whole area for several times.  He was so surprised and went to check the person, Lahiri Mahashay conducted a rigorous search for the voice in all surrounding areas, after some time he saw a young man standing on the top of the hill, and he was showing gestures to come up.  Lahiri Mahashay went up to the hill but he could not recognize the youth, he said “ I was calling out your name. You did not recognize me?” Lahiri Mahashay said, “ No, I do not  know you.”  He took Lahiri Mahashay to a nearby cave. He showed the woolen blanket and Kamandalu and said: “ Could you recognize these items?” Lahiri Mahashay said “ No, Maharaj, I could not understand you or any of these items, but you know my name. How?” Babaji said “ I know you very well, I have brought you from Dhanapur to Ranikhet, after some days you have to return to Dhanapur,” Lahiri Mahashay was surprisingly watching at him, he was standing like a statue and watching at the astounding youth.  He touched the forehead of Lahiri Mahashay, with the single touch his body roused with divine energy; slowly he could regain all the memories of the past rushed in.  Soon Lahiri Mahashay understood that in his previous birth, he used to conduct Tapasya in this cave, the Kamandal and the woolen blanket were used by him, he used to meditate by sitting on it, his face shone with extreme bliss, he immediately prostrated before the youth and said “ Gurudev, I have recollected all those memories, this cave was my field of spiritual practice, kindly forgive my ignorance.” The youth continued “ I was waiting for you for the past forty years.  After leaving this place I was following you like a shadow, I was watching you from the day you have born, now only you have come to me, now I will perform purification process, drink some oil from the vessel, and wait near the lake,” he followed the instruction of Babaji and went to lay near the lake.