Monday, August 26, 2019






Sant Narahari Sonar
Pranams at the lotus feet of Sri Narahari Maharaj!
Chapter - 3



Narahari continued the customs of the family in a sincere manner, even after the demise of his parents.   He had the firm belief that all that goodness was inherited from his parents, he continued to remain in the service of Lord and taken care of the family business.   He was one of the finest jewelry makers in the village of Pandharpur. He believed that it is his greatest responsibility/Dharma to take care of the family shrine of Lord Shiva and the profession was introduced by his father.


Once he was visited by the wealthiest merchant in the town and his wife, Narahari invited them with all respect and enquired their purpose of visit to Pandharpur.  They have replied " Narahari, we have come to  visit you." Narahari said " Great.  It is my pleasure to serve you.  I would achieve the pleasure of serving Lord Mahadeva." The merchant continued " Narhari, once I had everything in my life with the grace of Lord Vittal, other than an offspring.  Once a saint visited our village and advised us to undertake austerities and visit Pandharpur Sri Vittobha.  We sincerely followed his advice and blessed with a child.  It is the time to show our gratitude to Lord Vittala, we want to decorate Him with a marvelous waist ornament."  Narahari was happy and said " You are truly blessed by Vittobha, he protected your clan, you are blessed with a child to carry out your legacy.  "  The merchant said " Yes, I am truly blessed, I have come here to seek your help,  you have to make a marvelous waist ornament for Panduranga, there is no skillful goldsmith in Pandharpur other than you famous in making an exquisite piece of ornaments, I have brought gold and gems to create the piece."  Narahari was in dilemma, " Sethiji, I do not think I can take up your work, you can approach somebody who can help you with this proposal, I have devoted all my life to Lord Shiva, I am finding the essence of Lord Shiva in all living beings, how can I do the work for Vittal?" The merchant said " Narahari, Hari and Hara are the same and there is no difference between them, Vittal is Lord Mallikarjuna, therefore kindly treat Vittal as your Lord Shiva and perform my task, the whole Universe is the representation of Parambhrama who assumes different forms to please our eyes." Narahari amiably said " Sethji, maybe it is your opinion, I have not been to any shrine other than Lord Shiva, I have not offered any veneration to other deities in my life, how can I enter in the shrine of Vittal and make an ornament for him. I do not think I can make it."  The merchant was too adamant and said " Let it be my unbending opinion, you have to do it for me, you are performing this task for me,  your devotion to Lord Shiva will not get harmed, I can bring the measurement  to make an exquisite ornament."