Monday, August 26, 2019





Sant Narahari Sonar
Pranams at the lotus feet of Sri Narahari Maharaj!
Chapter - 5




The fame of Sant Narahari spread all over the village.  The people learned one of the greatest of the knowledge from Sant Narahari that Hara and Hari are same, it is absolute Bramham in different forms.  The villagers felt that it is their fortune to have holy men like Sant Namdev, Sant Gnaneshwar, and Sant Narahari, in Pandharpur.  They have realized that the association with the holy men only can relieve the sufferings of worldly bondage,  and lead to Moksha, people throng from the various places to listen to the lectures of Sant Narahari who spread devotion and faith in the supreme Lord.  Sant Narahari elaborated the significance of Nishkamya Karma, selfless service to the supreme Lord and his devotees would help the worshiper to cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence,  whoever surrenders to Lord shall remain protected always.  The Supreme Lord is all-pervading, he resides as a soul in living beings, therefore everyone should practice simplicity, kindness, compassion, and love for each other.  In this Kali era, Namasmaran only can bring nearness to the supreme Lord.






One day his wife Ganga narrated the miracle happened to Narahari Maharaj,  as usual finishing her daily worship, she found golden coins before the sanctum, she was surprised and called out for Narahari Maharaj, he shed tears "Ganga, it is the blessings of Lord Mallikarjun, Panduranga and Ma Bageshwari," with tears overflowing he prayed " Ma, I am so fortunate to attain your blessings, I have Ramnama as golden coins with me, what I do with these golden coins, your grace itself gold for me," Ganga was too pleased and said " We will offer all these gold coins on her feet, " Later, it was decided to use the golden coins for making an idol of Lord Vittala,  while carving the idol of Lord Vittala, his inner voice put a sudden halt to his fingers, with tears overflowing he remembered " how did I fall pray for my desire to carve a golden idol of Panduranga? My devotion has not ripened yet. I have committed terrible sin I have to abandon the idol right away." he took the idol carefully covered in his upper clothe and dropped in the river and rushed to the shrine of Panduranga " Bhagavan, I have abandoned all my desires and illusions, I shall surrender at your lotus feet, kindly forgive me." he tightly embraced the idol of Panduraga with tears overflowing and left his mortal.   In this way, a great devotee Sant Narahari Maharaj left his mortal coil at the lotus feet of Lord Panduranga in the year 1313.