Monday, August 26, 2019



Sant Sri Namdev 
Pranams at the lotus feet of Sri Namdev Maharaj!
Chapter - 2




Namadev continued to wait before the idol eyes kept closed, finally, he lost patience and said " Vittala, if you do not consume the meal I have offered I will thrash my head before you and give up my life."  Soon Lord Vittala appeared before Namadeva " Nama, I am highly pleased with your devotion, I am willing to do anything for you.  Therefore tell me what you want me to do?" Namadeva said, " Vittala, I have brought these offerings for you, you have to accept this I am not allowed to consume the meal before you accept." They together sat and shared the offerings.  At home, his mother was anxious about Namadeva who returned home late with empty plates and said: " Ma, I have fed Vittala, he was so compassionate fed me also." his mother was not willing to believe him, she said: " Namadeva, do not tell lies, people of the village may think you are crazy." Namdev said " Ma, I am n0t telling lies, it is true. I am promising on Lord Vittala, who appeared from the idol and sat with me to consume the offerings.  If you want you can witness personally when I take the offerings to the shrine tomorrow.   You can watch it secretly."  This practice has continued, Vittal happily accepts the offerings from the hands of Namadeva, his mother and the people assembled in the shrine were stunned to watch this miracle.  Lord Vittala taught the scriptures and Veda to Namadeva.